Re: Privacy policy

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 11:16:59AM -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
> In order to do either, I need to understand how we (Red Hat/Fedora) are
> storing personal data about users and systems. I need to sync up with
> the abrt team to determine what they are collecting and storing, and for
> how long. If the Desktop group is collecting and storing any
> information, it would be good to know that as well (you can send it
> directly to me).

As mentioned at DevConf, I'd like to explore the idea of having
machines report a tuple of:

  uuid | fedora version | fedora edition or spin

Where the UUID would be randomly generated, not used for anything else,
and regenerated within a relatively short window (because tracking over
time isn't the intent). The log could discard IP addresses so those
wouldn't be correlated as well.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>