Re: Transitive Grace Period Public LIcense ("TGGPL") v. 1.0

On 12/03/2014 03:06 AM, Eric Smith wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> Thanks for reviewing the TGGPL. I've forwarded your analysis to the
> author. I don't anticipate that he'll change the licensing of
> Tahoe-LAFS since it won't be necessary for Fedora.

I believe Zooko knows about our stance on this, I actually discussed
this with Richard Fontana when the license first came out, and Zooko was
part of that discussion online.

>> Any Fedora packages which include TGPPL licensed works must choose not
>> to leverage the Transitive Grace Period.
>
> Wouldn't this inherently be true, since Fedora distributes sources of
> all Fedora packages?

It should be, but I thought it was worth stating explicitly, lest
someone think they've found a clever loophole. :)

> Since Tahoe-LAFS uses TGPPL with exceptions, should I list it in the
> spec as "TGPPL with exceptions"?

Yes.

~tom

==