Re: Copyright Submission Proposal

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 02:14:40PM -0400, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

[Ruth wrote:]
> > As mentioned on the marketing list earlier, the Red Hat legal team wrote
> > terms of use for us, which croberts thinks must have gotten deleted in a
> > migration/upgrade. But they specify Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike
> > 3.0 Unported License
> > <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/>("CC-BY-SA").
>
> Yes, and it's useful to have those published on the site so that readers understand the terms under which can reuse/remix the content. I think Joe was coming a bit more from the "contribution" angle, though of course the contribute and use terms need to line up.
>
> So we def. need to get the terms of use back on - and make sure that we're verifying somehow that people submitting content are aware of the license under which they're submitting or have signed the FPCA or etc.

This is for fedoramagazine.org? (When I get a moment I'll look at the
archives for the marketing list.) I see a legal note in the footer
that is reminiscent of the same for opensource.com.

The terms of use for opensource.com were recently revised to make CC
BY-SA 4.0 the default 'Red Hat original content' license for content
on that site, FWIW. One nice thing about the 4.0 license is it
eliminates the need for the passive-aggressive moral rights clause
waiver, but that is baked into the FPCA. The FPCA does provide for a
mechanism for designating a 'Later Default License' though. The Later
Default License has to be chosen from the list of currently-acceptable
licenses for Fedora.

 - RF