Re: Wiki page about blobs, proprietary kernel and firmwares

On 11/25/2013 02:55 PM, Alexandre Moine wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I write a article about firmware and blobs on my blog [1], where I
> suggest the creation of a wiki page about blobs, proprietary kernel and
> firmwares. I think it's really necessary, because I don't found any
> information about the proprietary kernel and blobs in Fedora. If you
> search, you can found some informations about firmwares (in the Legal
> part of packaging). In my opinion, we need an official policy written
> somewhere. So, I require your help to write this page because I don't
> have the required informations, and official positions... But I can help
> to write them :)
> Chris Roberts volunteered to re-tag this page.

What official policy are you looking for? We have this:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing:Main#Binary_Firmware

If you want to make some sort of "firmware" in the linux kernel tracking
page, feel free. It's a wiki. :)

~tom

==
University Outreach || Fedora Special Projects || Fedora Legal