Re: Trademark issue: "ubuntu" in package name

Dne 10.10.2013 16:36, Tom Callaway napsal(a):
Canonical says explicitly not to do this:

(from: http://www.canonical.com/intellectual-property-policy)

   You cannot use the Trademarks in software titles. If you are
   producing software for use with or on Ubuntu you may reference
   Ubuntu, but must avoid: (i) any implication of endorsement, or (ii)
   any attempt to unfairly or confusingly capitalise on the goodwill of
   Canonical or Ubuntu.

If you are producing software -> no, we are not, we are redistributing it. Canonical produces it and they chose to name it with this name.

This rule does not contain anything, that forbids us to package it, however, it does not even contain anything, that would explicitly allow us to do so.

(Just my opinion)

--
Miro Hrončok