Re: Making my script collection available for fedora repos

On 02/14/2012 10:48 AM, Simon Erat wrote:

> The questions there are written in general, i copy paste them here and
> get more specific to my concern:
>
> * There is rpmfusion-free, may that be installed (not shipped) by
> something that is shiped with Fedora? (it irritates me that its named
> free, rpmfusion.org <http://rpmfusion.org> states other reasons -
> without naming them)

So, I'm going to have to frustrate you a bit here too. Sorry. :)

The items in rpmfusion-free are under "Free Software Licenses", but they
have other legal issues which prevent them from being included in Fedora
proper. This could be any number of things, and unfortunately, I cannot
list them out.

> * If my script collection includes code-routines that build a program of
> a source code that is available to everyone, is that permitted, or
> depends on the software going to be built? (specific: Oracle VirtualBox)

The rule of thumb is that software packaged in Fedora must be useful
with only the other packages in the Fedora repository. So, if you had a
script that say, automated some task using Oracle VirtualBox (or
downloaded and built VirtualBox from source), that script would not be
appropriate to package for Fedora.

> * If my script collection checks the system for Third Party repos that
> contain non-FOSS software and if available install packages they contain
> as/if the user chooses so. Would this behaviour be ok? (specific: livna,
> rpmfusion*) ((i was told that will 'violate' policy))

This would not be acceptable for Fedora.

> * Found this Adobe lisence in the Fedora License list, does this mean i
> may install Adobe Flash from my PROJECT? (I guess not, but its confusing
> me, so i have to ask)

Heh, no. Adobe doesn't license Flash with that particular license.

> * Some repos from repos.fedorapeople.org
> <http://repos.fedorapeople.org>, are they permitted to be installed from
> my script, if i get an agree of the repo maintainer?

No, those are considered "Third Party Repos".

I hope these answers help clarify things.

~tom

==
Fedora Project