Re: Do I need to remove this from the source tarball

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Orion Poplawski <orion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The GMT source tarball includes some non-GPL compatible code that I've
> attached here.  It is not compiled in unless you specify --enable-triangle.
> My question is, do I have to pull this from source tarball to avoid shipping
> it in the src.rpm?  Thanks!

It looks non-free to me, specifically:
 Distribution of this code as    */
/*    part of a commercial system is permissible ONLY BY DIRECT ARRANGEMENT  */
/*    WITH THE AUTHOR.  (If you are not directly supplying this code to a    */
/*    customer, and you are instead telling them how they can obtain it for  */
/*    free, then you are not required to make any arrangement with me.)

So I'd guess that yes, you'd have to strip it out of the tarball.
However, IANAL.