Re: ssh enable and firewall open for sshd, connection by default after install who's legally liable?.

On 19/05/11 19:59, legal-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Re:  ssh enable and firewall open for sshd
> 	connection by default after install who's legally liable?.

I think there is being a point missed here. As ambassador you are just
handing out a disk. You are not:

1. Putting it into a persons machine.
2. Installing it for them.
3. You have not been instructed by them to provide a service.
4. Maliciously and recklessly installing something, without their consent.
5. Providing them with a written/verbal guarantee that it will not eat
his/her Children.

Probably a few other points I have missed.

I think the key protection here is that the end-user does not end up in
a service agreement, or has purchased a product, nor that Fedora is
deployed without his/her consent.

Regards,

Tristan

P.s.: Of course, there might be a weird and wonderful country, where
handing out free software is a crime, or anything free for that matter.
However unlikely that is! But legal systems are weird and wonderful like
a bunch of parrots.

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx