license for Life Lexicon included in golly

On 14-DEC-2010, I wrote asking about the license for the Life Lexicon
that is included in golly.  The license is:

    This lexicon is copyright © Stephen Silver, 1997-2005. It may be
freely copied
    and/or modified as long as due credit is given. This includes not
just credit
    to those who have contributed in some way to the present version
(see above),
    but also credit to those who have made any modifications.

It was pointed out that this license does not explicitly grant
distribution rights.

I have been unable to contact Mr. Silver. However, I posted to the
golly-test mailing list, and got the reply below from Tom Rokicki, one
of the golly authors.  Is this satisfactory?  I suspect that it is not,
but I'd like to have a semi-official opinion on it before I ask Tom to
pester Mr. Silver about a license change.

Assuming that the email below isn't sufficient, and assuming that Mr.
Silver is willing to change the license, would a chnage from "It may be
freely copied and/or modified..." to "It may be freely copied,
distributed, and/or modified..." result in the license being
acceptable?  I'd prefer not to go through this process more than once.

Thanks!
Eric