Re: Free emulators that run free games

A few points of note:

1) This is not debian-legal, thus nothing said here has any affect on
Ubuntu. Neither will we be speculating about whether Ubuntu is doing
anything illegal or risky.

2) Whether or not Nintendo has sufficient legal grounds to sue anyone
for any reason, they've made it very clear how they feel about Nintendo
emulators. They're willing to sue, and Red Hat has sufficient financial
resources to make itself a lucrative target.

Thus, we're not permitting Nintendo emulators in Fedora.

I'm not going to spend time making a blacklist either, as it is simpler
to deal with such items on a case-by-case basis, rather than to have
people loophole my words (aha, this is a FAMICOM emulator!).

I can understand your frustration, but there are other Fedora repos
which would be happy to include such items.

~spot