Re: Status of ICQ-related apps in Fedora.

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 10:05:40 +0400,
  Peter Lemenkov <lemenkov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All!
>
> It seems, that *all* 3rd party software, which is should connect to
> ICQ networks for normal operation, violates their EULA (or urges users
> to violate EULA). Thus, keeping in mind, that there is no way to use
> ICQ-related software w/o explicitly violating their license agreement,
> and there are many other open alternatives (and even proprietary
> systems, which permits 3rd party applications), I think that software,
> designed to work with explicit requirement to be connected to ICQ
> network, should be considered as unacceptable for inclusion into
> Fedora (exept thiose titles, who has explicit permission from ICQ LLC
> for connecting and interoperating with their network). Any opinions?

I can't see allowing just code that ICQ allows as that seems like it would
be non-free.
This sounds a lot like the glider case where the creator got sued for
interfering with the contract between Blizzard and its customers.