Re: MS-PL and OSI

On 04/14/2010 06:19 PM, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just been checking on the OSI licences and it appears that both the
> MS-PL and MS-RL licences are now both approved by the OSI.
>
> From memory, until Mono had an OSI happy licence, it wasn't allowed in.
> As both MS-PL and MS-RL are OSI approved, does that mean that the likes
> of IronPython can be now included into the repos?

It is worth noting that we don't factor OSI approval into what is
acceptable for Fedora anymore. The critical requirement is whether those
licenses are Free or not.

In the case of the MS-PL and MS-RL, they're both Free, but
GPL-incompatible. So, if IronPython was available under those licenses,
it should be acceptable.

~spot