Re: Waqf license for Fedora.

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 05:10:40PM +0300, Tareq Al Jurf wrote:
>Can we add the following license to Fedora? I mean that it would become
>acceptable for packages.
>I was told that I should write the reasons to use it instead of an existing
>one. I think that this could show the variety of cultures that make Fedora
>the best.
>
>Link to license: http://www.ojuba.org/wiki/_export/raw/waqf/license

The first clause about works only used for good seems fairly ambiguous to me.
It is not clear where the boundaries of good/bad are, limited to the priciples
of Islam or otherwise.

For example, if someone were to create software that was intended for security
exploit research, it could be used for both good (helping identify security
holes) and bad (exploiting security holes) purposes.

josh