Fedora Legacy

Title: Fedora Legacy

Hi, All.

It is with some sadness I have noted that the fedora legacy project has significantly downscaled it's scope.

Not least because it leaves me a job to do with my fedora servers (many of which are FC3)! That got me thinking... should I be lamenting lack of community interest in the project, and moving on; or should I be trying to help.

First of all, qualifications: Experienced linux sysadmin, from way back (well RH6 ish), and a good background in managing RedHat / Fedora servers and (some) workstations.

Now snags: Limited (in the most limited sense of the word!) programming skills. Bash, perl, php, some c and that's about it.

I do however have a few hours a week to contribute, and therefore propose that I may be suitable as your mirror coordinator [seems a documentation / support role to me, suitable for a mere sysadmin ;-)], and can also act as a tester / qa tester. I have a reasonable scope of hardware to run or emulate a range of OSs.

Let me know if I can be of use.

Thanks

Andrew Wilson

Research Systems Support Officer

School of Physics & Astronomy
The University of Nottingham.

(+44) 115 951 5182
andrew.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.