2007 DST update for RH7.2

We have some RedHat 7.2 machines that we are stuck with for the time
being.  Of concern is the new daylight savings time rules that take effect
this year.  I did some searching on this list and found an update for 7.3
<http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2006-March/msg00014.html>.

I understand that no one is making updates for 7.2 anymore, so I was
wondering if I can adapt the one for 7.3.  The timezone rules are part of
the glibc packages.  Do I really need the new version of glibc, or can I
simply copy the /usr/share/zoneinfo files from the updated 7.3 packages
onto 7.2?  In other words, do the new zoneinfo files require the new glibc
to work properly?

--
Paul Rupe