Re: Legacy wiki -- statement?

On Tuesday 12 December 2006 10:20, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit) wrote:
> I agree and we could just end it at that and say we don't care
> everybody and their dog is running unpatched systems. But has anyone
> ever tried contacting these big companies and explaining the
> situation to maybe get some resources for the Legacy Project from
> them? Or does that sound too much like begging to people here?
> Companies like Dell just approach the Infrastructure Team and say
> "Hey, we could give you guys a couple of our servers, where would you
> like us to send them?" I guess it doesn't work like that for others,
> but they might just want to cooperate. Or they might just not care
> that their customers run unpatched systems. Since they also offer
> support on their software I guess that helping Legacy out might just
> benefit them too.

Frankly I'm done with this project.  I've tried to pass off leadership, and
then that got a bit sabotaged by what Fedora Project wants to do with
lifespan in future releases (which I think is a good happy middle ground),
but it isn't really interesting to do support for older Fedoras for the next
year or so.

If somebody wants to run with it, by all means.  I'll turn over information
about how to use the build system and push to the mirrors.  I don't want to
see Legacy to touch the newer Fedora releases that might carry the new longer
lifespan, I think 13 months is the best possible compromise.