Re: You Need Fedora Legacy!! Re: [fab] looking at our surrent state a bit

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 11:46:37PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Unifying and opening up more of the infrastructure and other ideas like
> that only doing critical security fixes are things to look at.

But FL's charter is already to only cater about security fixes, or do
you imply to categorize them and allow some to slip? E.g. allow local
priviledge escalation, but fix remote exploits?

I don't think that's a good FL manifesto. Allowing non-critical
security issues to exist will only harm the project's front to the
public more.

The issue is also not the infrstructure IMO, it's simply lack of human
resources and either someone needs to assign them to it if that entity
(Red Hat/board/whatever) considers that a worthy goal, or the
resources need to come from more voluntary people, e.g. FL needs a
marketing manager.

Or the need for resources is cut by reducing the number and time span
of supported releases.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net