Re: Now that fc2 is retired, is there any valid yum repos?

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Thursday 14 September 2006 06:23, Nils Breunese (Lemonbit Internet)
wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
Plz see subject.  I'd like to clean up my yum repo list as it
appears some
of the repos have disappeared.  Are there any new ones for truely
legacy
stuff?

I don't believe so. Fedora Core 2 is dead, you'll have to upgrade to
a newer Fedora Core version (or migrate to something like CentOS if
need a longer life cycle than Fedora's).

I was afraid of that, but the last CentOS I pulled, 4.1, was even older than much of this heavily tarball updated FC2. I hate going backwards &
then reinventing all these wheels again.

Is this a desktop workstation or a server? If this is a workstation or a non-production server, why not just go with the Fedora flow? I run Fedora Core 5 on my workstation and it's working just fine.

If you really don't like upgrading your OS every couple of months I'd backup my data and do a fresh install of CentOS 4.4. However, CentOS 5 will be out in 6 months... :o) No immediate need to upgrade then though as CentOS 4.x will get full updates until Feb 29 2008 and maintenance updates until Feb 29 2012 (http://www.centos.org/modules/ smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=42).

Nils Breunese.