Re: Seamonkey for FedoraLegacy releases?

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 06:09, David Eisenstein wrote:
> Should we in Legacy go forth and do likewise, so things like Epiphany
> (that depends on pieces of Mozilla to run) can run safely?

Yes.

> If so -- any suggestions of coordination with Fedora Extras since they are
> currently the maintainers of Seamonkey for FC4/FC5/FC(rawhide)?  FC3 too?

Their version of seamonkey is designed to install in line with existing
mozilla and not replace it.  We need to actually replace seamonkey so it
needs to be packaged differently.

> Thorsten - does something like this need to be run by the Extras Steering
> Committee?
>
> Kai - any thoughts/ideas?  Would you like to work with Legacy to get
> Seamonkey to replace Mozilla?

Extras has decided to have the FC3 / 4 buildroots configured to pull content
from Legacy, so theoretically we should remove Seamonkey from the Extras repo
once we have it properly packaged in the Legacy repos.  Extras packages can
continue to build against it at that point.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx