Re: apache logging problems

Eric Rostetter wrote:
Quoting Joshua Andrews <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

The httpd logrotate script was much as you wrote it out but there are
so many entries because of the virtualhost logging that I have
consolidated them all into one expression;

/var/log/httpd/access_log /var/log/httpd/any_log etc... {
missingok
postrotate
/bin/kill -HUP `cat /var/run/httpd.pid 2>/dev/null` 2> /dev/null || true
endscript
}

You left out the "sharedscripts" option.

I am thinking that restarting httpd so many times as I had logs may be
the problem.

Unless you use the "sharedscripts" option as I showed, it will still
restart it for each log file listed.  The "sharedscripts" option tells
it to only run the script once after rotating all the logs....
Cool man, that is exactly what I did not understand how to do! Next Sunday will be the true test of course.
Thanks a lot.

-Joshua

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx