Re: Friday Flames - What to do with RHL7.3/9 and FC1/2

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006, Jesse Keating wrote:
RHL we agreed to support for a long period of time, however that time
may be up.  Personally I would really like to see these go, as they take
up a lot of our time when trying to push updates, we get very little
help, and updates are increasingly more difficult to do.  I would like
to hear discussion on if we should continue supporting it, how we can
make it easier to support, and a reasonable endpoint to the support, an
exit strategy.

FWIW, my only interest (because that's what we still use in many places) in Fedora Legacy is RHL73 and RHL9. I don't think I'd be able to use time to help FL if FL was focusing on only FC.

But given the tradeoffs and that support needs to get dropped in any case sooner or later, doing so might be a good idea if RHL versions cause too much fuss, e.g., with new CVS infrastructures or such.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx