Re: New sendmail breaks ability to mail to *@mmode.com

On Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:11 PM -0800 "David M. Shirley" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How does one rollback to a previous rpm?  I must confess I have
forgotten.

I always run "rpm --help" to remember. The switch you want is --oldpackage. It tells RPM that it's acceptable to "update" to a package with a lower version/release number.

I tar up /etc/mail and the random sendmail config files not yet moved there (eg. aliases and smrsh) before doing an upgrade. I then unpack it to /tmp and diff it to the upgrade aftermath to see what it changed. Usually it's harmless but this sounds like a case where the practice will be valuable.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx