Re: issues list(s)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, Benjamin Smith wrote:
1) What testing packages are installed that you'd even care about?
2) What changes should I test for?
3) Looks good, how do I report it?

So, I wrote a script to at least tell me what packages were officially
"testing" and which were released. And, it seems to me that it's a fairly
trivial step from there to take that output, and automate the feedback
delivery step, if there's some kind of HTTP URI I can interface with to get
the results to you.

(Yes, I agree that this needs to be more straightforward. As I've said from the start, "put a GPG-signed message w/ VERIFY vote to bugzilla" _does not_ cut it. It's way too complicated if we want to involve a lot of folks.)

Personally, I think the script should print out the list of testing updates currently installed, and then send it to the administrator of that system, basically asking "These are the testing RPMs and here's when they were installed. Which ones do you _know_ that have been used since that date?"

Then the admin would send a mail to fedora-legacy-list or appropriate bugzilla entry saying, "yes, we're installed the package since XXX, gpg signature is OK, and it's in active use."

That would go a long way in checking that updates-testing packages have been used and found working, instead of just having been installed.

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx