Re: Fwd: Re: releasing updates-testing packages without VERIFY votes

Pekka Savola wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, William Stockall wrote:

The energy has already been spent in proposing the updates, doing publish QA on them, building them in mach and sending out testing notifications, etc.

It is HIGHLY discouraging to do any QA work if you can end up in the situation "well, nobody seemed to care. Sorry for your wasted effort on this package".

While I agree it is discouraging for your effort to seem to go to waste, the goal of an update can't just be an ego boost for the person who prepared it, either. I don't have any problem with updates being produced, as long as the tested updates are separate from the untested ones.

				Will.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx