Re: Fwd: Re: releasing updates-testing packages without VERIFY votes

I concur with Mr. McCarty. If untested updates are moved in with the tested updates then NONE of the updates can be trusted. Who wants to go back to the bug entry to check for sure if an update actually got tested prior to rolling it out?

Also, if there was little enough interest that no one tested the patch, why is it so important that it be rolled out at all? If they are rolled out, they should at least be kept separate from the tested updates. That way people can choose whether they add that repository to pull updates from.

				Will.
Mike McCarty wrote:
Eric Rostetter wrote:

Arg, sent with wrong From: address, so here it is again, since the moderator
probably won't get to it for a while...