Re: Some Suggestions (Mirror Space, gaim, ethereal, etc)

Marc Deslauriers wrote:

Fedora Legacy can save time and effort by simply following the newer Fedora Core releases on these packages when it is safe to upgrade versions. No review necessary, but perhaps some testing and ACK votes to push.

That's pretty much what we do already...ethereal, spamassassin and gaim
are pretty much rebuilt with the latest FC release...

Although it would be great just to be able to rebuild the packages
without meddling with them. Would you be willing to integrate some more
options in the FC gaim spec file to target FL releases?

You mean the existing options don't work?

# OPTION: perl integration (FC1+)
%define perl_integration        1
# OPTION: krb5 for Zephyr protocol (FC1+)
%define krb_integration         1
# OPTION: gtkspell integration (FC1+)
%define gtkspell_integration    1
# OPTION: Preferred Applications with gnome-open (FC1+)
%define gnome_open_integration  1
# OPTION: Evolution 1.5+ integration (FC3+)
%define evolution_integration   1
# OPTION: SILC integration (FC3+)
%define silc_integration        1

Just flip the booleans. This spec should theoretically work with RH9+ with everything zero, FC1+ with the first four options one, and FC3+ with all options one.

(FC1's gnome-open was broken due to broken default config tools and gconf schedule, so you might want to turn that off if Legacy hasn't backported my control-center and gnome-vfs2 schema patch from FC2 like I suggested a while ago. Probably not worth it now though, because this does nothing to help existing user profiles.)

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx