Re: changes are needed, we need keep moving

--On Friday, June 03, 2005 11:53 AM -0500 Michael Schout <mschout@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Its hard to get even *ONE* vote!  Just look at all of the packages
waiting on VERIFY and/or PUBLISH votes in bugzilla, and look at how long
they have been there.  There simply are not enough people willing to put
the time in to do QA testing.

There's some degree of awareness problem. How many people using FC2 and earlier are even aware of this list? How many read the whole page in the wiki on how to QA packages? How many then go on to make a GPG key?

For packages anywhere in the process, you might get more traction by going upstream for each package and posting the status and links to that package's upstream mailing list or newsgroup. I generally join the lists for the packages critical to my server and often upgrade to the upstream version if an RPM is available.

If there's a devel list for a package, you could get permission to CC bugs to that list.

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx