Re: changes are needed, we need keep moving

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Tom Yates wrote:
If one distribution version of a package has one VERIFY vote, all the
versions will automatically be released after a timeout of XX (where
I suggest XX is 2 weeks) from the first VERIFY -- except if someone
identifies issues which require discussion or more work.

i'd still prefer that we released fixes for each OS as they passed the verify bar, instead of waiting until all affected OSes have been QA'ed before releasing any fix; that way, we don't release untested code, but unpopular distros can't hold the popular ones to ransom.

My problem with this approach is that I think it generates a LOT more work for the FLSA release folks because there is more "churn". For example, each event of publishing an update needs a separate FLSA advisory (or at least spamming all the mailing lists with an update to it), they have to be moved to updates one by one, etc.

.. Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx