Re: Problem with openmotif-devel-2.2.2-14.2.legacy update

Brian Morrison wrote:
On Sat, 14 May 2005 13:01:43 -0400 in 42862EF7.4020500@xxxxxxxxxx Al
Sera <alberto.sera@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dan Williams wrote:

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Al Sera wrote:

Basically the update is showing conflicts for mostly header files

from >the lesstif-devel-0.93.36-3 package. I wonder if anyone is

having this  >same problem. Following is a copy of the "yum update"
attempt. >

I am hoping this is the correct method to report the issue. If not,

I >apologize... and please advise with the correct method. Best regards. [ars].

Well, since OpenMotif and lesstif provide the same thing, a Motif-compatible toolkit. So I'd expect that their -devel packages would conflict. You'll probably have to remove either lesstif or openmotif.

But, if both these packages are in the RH9 Legacy repository, this
should get  fixed in Legacy, since packages in the same repo should
not conflict.

Dan

Looks to me like lesstif is not registered in the RH9 legacy repository. A "yum list lesstif" shows it in my RH9 box but not as an available package from the RH9 Legacy repository. So I guess I need to remove one and stick with the other. Since I am maintaining my box with Legacy updates, I'll stick with openmotif and will remove lesstif... unless anyone had any other suggestions. Thanks for the quick feedback. [ars].

No, lesstif is an RH9 package, not an RH9 legacy pacvkage.

I have both installed on my system, the versions are the same as yours.

rpm -ql for each package shows no clash of files as the headers are in
different paths.

I don't understand why you're having this problem unless you have
rebuilt from source rpms with modified paths specified.

I have never rebuilt from source or explicitly installed either package myself. This is weird. Not that it might mean anything, but this box started a few years ago at RHL 7.2 and was upgraded single step incrementally all the way to RHL 9 through time. [ars].

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx