Re: fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 13, Issue 29

Oops, I apologize. Someone else here installed it and did use a driver disk. I've since installed the latest legacy kernel, made an initrd using megaraid and rebooted successfully. It's up and going using the megaraid driver now and appears at least to be fine. If I understand correctly though, megaraid2 is based on 2.x driver code and the 1.x stuff isn't near as good. Is that accurate? I downloaded the latest 2.x version from LSI's FTP site but it fails to compile. There is a src.rpm available from Dell as a DKMS(?) module which I hadn't even previously heard of. I'm not having a lot of luck figuring out what that is or how to work with it, yet... Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Did you use a driver disk when you installed?  I don't recall
'megaraid2' being included in stock RHL9 kernels.  If they were, and
they aren't in Legacy kernels, then this is an oversight on our part and
the package needs to be re-rolled.