re: megaraid2 module in legacy kernels

Yes, I have a Dell server, and the first RH9 kernel upgrade I applied I learned quickly that I had to recompile the kernel module for the megaraid2 driver before booting the updated kernel. It can be a bit scary when your email server fails to reboot.... My understanding of the Legacy project is that it attempts to keep up with security issues and occasionally performance issues, but introducing new features or kernel drivers is not going to happen, nor probably should it. RHEL3 (Centos, Whitebox, Tao, Fermi, etc) is an easy upgrade in my experience, and it is supposed to have the megaraid2 driver already compiled into the kernel.

Ben Hanson
I. T. MGR
Transprint USA Inc.

--