Re: fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18

fedora-legacy-list-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Stuart Low wrote:

I don't have a RH8 system and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't
recommend running a RH8 production system.

Why not?

From memory also Fedora Legacy has discontinued supporting RH8 directly.

Is there any official announcement to this effect? The fedoralegacy.org website still says RH8 is supported, although I have not seen any RH8 updates for some time. http://fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php

If it is no longer supported by fedoralegacy then the website should probably be updated to reflect that official policy.

I have the same concern about 7.2. I recall some messages to the effect that 7.2 support would be dropped but never any official word. The outcome greatly affects my upgrade plans. Please advise.

--
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Mark D. Foster, CISSP <mark@xxxxxxxxx>  http://mark.foster.cc/