Re: 8.0 packages to QA

Paul Heinlein wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Johnny Strom wrote:

So to fix this I porpose that we setup a "what needs to be done list" that is sent out every second week or so, any thoughts on that?

It would be *so* nice to have something like that or, if it already exists, a bugzilla URL that will accomplish the same thing. If the latter, I'd happy write up a bash/wget script that people can use in their own cron jobs.

Ok

I will think about what should be in such a list I guess just short descriptions and pointers to bugzilla that is a good start already,
I will try to make a first list next weekend when I have talked to ppl about it.

Part of the problem -- and this is merely a description, not a gripe, and it's certainly not directed at Jesse, who's put in way more work than anyone should expect -- is that it's difficult to find the time to figure out what needs doing. I'd happily Q/A more packages, but doing so requires (afaict) lots of bugzilla spelunking, and I'm still never sure if I've got it all.

I realize that it requires lots of labor hours to make nifty interfaces and current web pages -- but that's my view from the cheap seats.

--Paul Heinlein <heinlein@xxxxxxxxxxx>

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx