Re: fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 24

Quoting Jonathan Crowe <jcrowe@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Even though it would be nice to not have to upgrade the FC1 machines
until FC2 has been around for a while (and through several rounds of bug
fixes), they are, after all, not servers.

First, that is the whole foundation of FL.

Second, a lot of people are running FC1 on servers (for better or for
worse).

Even through it has been solid for me on the desktop, when it came out
FC1 was billed as an unstable release.

Red Hat engineers have been pretty sworn that it was a stable option for servers on every mailing list I've been on where the topic came up.

 I suspect that for the most
part people have not installed it on servers.

While I wish that was true, it isn't. Many small shops are running it on servers.

--
Eric Rostetter