RH8

Hello All,

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this question.  That said....

I have burned the better part of a day trying to google and resolve broken dependencies to get apt or yum installed as well as updating popt and I am simply spinning my wheels.  This is an endless string of package dependencies that aren't working.  This is a functional install of RH 8.0 kernel 2.4.18-14 but I cannot seem to make headway towards getting any of the packages discussed on the fedora-legacy site installed.  I understand that development is underway but shouldn't at least some of it be functional?  Or should I save myself the grief and just move to RH9?

Any suggestions on other walk throughs that anyone else may have done on getting the basic yum, apt, python, popt rpms installed successfully would be greatly appreciated.  I am desperately trying to learn and I am missing a few keys it would appear.

Thanks for your kindness guys.

Eucke
--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx