Problem doing a new Update of Fedora Core 1

I've got a classroom of 20 machines setup in a dualboot mode with
windows 98 and Fedora Core 1, and fully updated. I had another
machine exactly the same, that had Red Hat 9, I did an upgrade
install, and that worked fine, then went to do all the Fedora updates,
and it failed to fully update. I thought it had something to do with the
updating, so I just wiped out the drive and did a clean install of
Fedora. Again, this all went fine, but again while doing all the
updates it downloads the 200 updates, and then freezes during the
installation, and then APT gives these messages about having
duplicate installs of a number of packages.

The 20 classroom machines are exactly the same, and they had no
problem with the Fedora install, and then the complete fedora
update. It wasn't 200 files back when I did those, so I'm thinking it is
something in the updating from the original to the current updates.

Note: I was also testing the 1.90 core, and it installed fine, but then
after installing updates I had similar problems with the X-server not
being able to start, and the later kernel would not see the mouse,
but the old one had no problem.

Any ideals on what to or what not to update at first. Tommorrow, I
think I'll try to ghost one of the drives over to this machine, but this
one is suppose to be a Linux only, so might just ghost, and then
delete the Windows partition, and then mount the free space.
Thanks.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins

http://setiathome.berkeley.edu
Number of Seti Units Returned:  13,002
Processing time:  27 years, 264 days,  3 hours,  1 minutes
(Total Hours: 242,859)

--

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx