Re: Legacy going to move...?

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:47:04AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
On Friday 02 April 2004 00:59, John Pybus wrote:
You seem to be suggesting that Fedora legacy will support 7.x while
there is a community to do so, but will drop support for FC1
community interest or not.  Surely that's not right?

I appreciate a minimum supported time for FCx being defined, but
after that FC1 should be in the same boat as RH9.  If there is a
large enough user community why shouldn't support continue?

Our resources are already spread thin. I'm pretty disappointed with the lack of community effort. There are a few hard working people, but nothing near what I had hoped for. Taking on more than what we can really feasibly do will be bad for the project. I'd much rather fully support a few releases, than halfassed support many many releases.

Well, I appreciate the effort going into FL, I have 2 servers with
RH7.X/FL and one with RH9 soon to go FL. So I directly benefit from FL.
But how can I help? I am not much of a programmer, and I can't risk the
servers by "testing" packages. What can I do to help?

Think for yourselves and allow others the privilege to do the same.
- Voltare

fedora-legacy-list@xxxxxxxxxx