Re: Future of fedora.us and fedoralegacy.org (was Re: Legacy mirror structure)

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
could we symlink legacy to legacy-addons on fedora.us for a short period with an updated yum package pointing to the new location perhaps a future feature for yum would be to detect 301 errors and adjust its config to suit.

An interesting idea that I haven't heard before, but unfortunately I doubt this is feasible. I can think of several ways to potentially abuse this too...

5) download.fedora.us will no longer be needed by FC2, since Extras will
be moved to fedora.redhat.com.  Then fedoralegacy.org will continue to
handle "updates" for each distribution in their own mirror structure.

6) When FC2 goes EOL, fedora.redhat.com's Extras might also be frozen.
Thus fedoralegacy.org may need to add an "updates-extras" channel in
order to serve security updates to FC2's Extras.  We will not need to
discuss this until sometime during 2005 though.

perhaps should the fedora.us tree be considered extras for RH8.0 RH9 and FC1? and moved to fedoralegacy.org when product is EOL?

Users already use our existing trees and fedura.us mirrors. Better to not confuse fedoralegacy's goal which is ONLY updates and not add-ons.

7) fedoralegacy.org can continue to use bugzilla.fedora.us.  That
instance of Bugzilla is now being maintained professionally and should
remain stable as a result.  New products/components can be added to the
Bugzilla to uniquely support Legacy development.

as part of the fedoralegacy.org identity i think we should have our own bugzilla and wiki

Just point another domainname to that IP address. It should work I think. =) But if you folks insist on running your own Bugzilla, that means you need to maintain it too.

Warren