RH9 vs Fedora

I appreciate that this depends on volunteer numbers, but is it fair to
assume that Fedora Core 1 would be supported beyond Red Hat 9, simply
because it is more recent?

I've just upgraded from RH8 to RH9 because RH9 is being supported for
longer.  Before my server goes live later this month, I have to choose
whether or not to upgrade from RH9 to Fedora.  Any advice appreciated.