Re: Macbook pro mid 2010 upgrade to fedora 25 bug

On 11/23/2016 03:02 AM, Joël Madé wrote:
After upgrading from fedora 24 to 25 on a mbp mid 2010, i had the gray
screen with nothing happening. Pressed enter, enter my password and the
fedora wallpaper appeared. I found out that fedora thinks that my screen
is a secondary screen. Mirrored the screen and everything is back to
"normal". I am guessing that since the computer has two GPUs, it selects
one as a primary screen and the other one as a connected display port.

Whenever i restart, i need to login without seeing the login screen but
when my session loads, everything is ok. No external screen should be
activated when login in.

This is my first contribution to the linux community so let me know if i
did not follow the usual procedure.

Thanks
Joel Made

Hi Joel, I'm not sure about the specific issue you're facing… this certainly sounds strange. I might suggest posting this question on the Users mailing list (users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to try to get support, since that list has more traffic. Someone on there may be able to help you troubleshoot further, if you still need help.

Hope you get it all working soon!

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory