Re: Network/VPN issues

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 13:23 -0400, William Henry wrote:
> Since upgrading to Fedora 17 I've found the need to reboot my Lenova
> x220 laptop every morning. In the morning reconnecting the VPN is
> painful and sometimes takes many attempts. When I do connect, my
> connection to internal sites is really poor.  I've checked and there
> have been no known VPN issues on both my VPN servers. Rebooting makes
> the problem go away.  (btw I have very fast broadband)
>
> I've gone back to "Cisco UDP" from "NAT-T" to see if that would help.
> But I wonder if this is something others are seeing similar issues
> with network connections degrading over time. (?)
>
> Best,
> William

Hello William,

I haven't read of a similar issue yet. Could you check your logs to see
if there are any errors that may cause the deterioration?

/var/log/messages would be one to start.

Instead of restarting the system, try restarting network manager and see
if that helps:

su -c 'systemctl restart NetworkManager.service'

If it's a network manager issue, that would help us isolate it.
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,

Please only print if necessary.