Re: Fedora Core 14 on Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5109

On 03/25/2011 10:55 AM, Mark juszczec wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I've got an option to buy and I want to know if FC14 runs on a Toshiba
> Satellite L655D-S5109
>
> In particular, I want to make sure wireless is supported without a whole
> lot of grief and agony on my part.
>
> Specs are at the end of the email.

If you want to ask if a certain wireless chipset is supported, you'll
have to tell us what chipset it is.

It's my feeling that the majority of wireless cards are pretty well
supported now.  I just put FC14 on a new HP laptop, and even though the
chipset in it was listed as being one that was not supported as of about
a year ago, it works just fine, and didn't take too much fiddling.

--

Check out the website I've been cobbling together.  It will never be
done, but it's a start:

My blog, with commentary on a variety of things, including audio,
mixing, equipment, etc, is at:
   http://audioandmore.wordpress.com

Staat heißt das kälteste aller kalten Ungeheuer.  Kalt lügt es auch;
und diese Lüge kriecht aus seinem Munde: 'Ich, der Staat, bin das Volk.'
                                                - [Friedrich Nietzsche]