Re: Acer Aspire One AO751h Video Help:INTEL GMA500

Ron Leach wrote:
> David Pastula wrote:
>> Recently put Fedora on my netbook, but having difficult time getting a
>> decent video driver loaded.. only generic now.  Does anyone have
>> simple directions to get a good driver loaded?
>
> Sorry I cannot give you the precise guidance you need, but I thought I'd
> just say that Fedora 13 is running pretty well on my Acer Aspire One
> AOA150, with 1024 x 600 screen.  Not tried anything fancy but judging by
> the dynamic screen savers it looks fine.  Not sure what chipset this
> model uses, I'll try and check and post back if it isn't a GMA500.
>
> Which Fedora release are you trying?
>
> What video features are you finding don't work well?  I was wondering if
> I could check them on my AA1, and if they work I could perhaps say what
> drivers this is using.
>
> regards, Ron

David, these links seem to suggest there is an issue with the GMA500
chipset.

http://old.nabble.com/debian-squeeze-on-acer-aspire-one-751h-td25151053.html

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/08/10/intel-gma500-poulsbo-on-fedora-11-repository-with-working-3d-compiz-support/

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/01/30/intel-gma-500-poulsbo-graphics-on-linux-a-precise-and-comprehensive-summary-as-to-why-youre-screwed/

http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/05/13/native-poulsbo-gma-500-graphics-driver-for-fedora-10/

http://touchstudio.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/acer-aspire-one-1366x768-graphics-driver-needed/

Better news is that one of the people reading the Fedora list is Adam
Williamson.  I think that's the same Adam as has the 'happy assassin'
site I just linked to; it seems from these links that he has been
trying to solve this problem in F10, F11, and F12.  He may know what
the situation is for F13 (and F14).

regards, Ron