From: fedora-laptop-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-laptop-list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rui Tiago Cação Matos
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 5:22 AM
To: William M. Quarles
Cc: planetccrma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; fedora-music-list-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; fedora-laptop-list-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sound on laptop docking station

This also happens on my Latitude D630. Sound isn't routed to the dock
station as you say.

Rui

On 18/02/2009, William M. Quarles <walrus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey all,

Does anybody out there on these three lists know how to get Fedora to
reroute the sound from my laptop's speakers to the line out on the
docking station to which the laptop is connected? I'm using a Dell
Latitude C640 with a Dell C Dock II. The other outputs are software
activated usually, but the signals still come from the laptop's
integrated sound card (i.e. there is no actual sound hardware installed
in the docking station).

Thanks,
William