Re: Fedora 8 install failure

Anders Hartman wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to install Fedora 8 x86_64 on my HP Compaq 8710p laptop.
The DVD boots fine, I tell the install to do a new install, come to the blue screen that loads some drivers and end up at the disk check requester. After the check is done (or skipped),
/sbin/loader blows me away with a SIGSEGV error and shuts down the system.

I have also tried to install Ubuntu 7.10 and OpenSUSE 10.3. They install and works flawlessly.
However, I'm a Fedora guy ;-)

Any suggestions?

Hi Anders,

Could you try a Re-Spin from Fedora Unity? They have been built using a newer kernel and could therefore resolve the problem. I'm not sure that it actually does, but it may.

The Re-Spins are available on http://spins.fedoraunity.org/spins using Jigdo or Torrent.

--
Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen