Re: Enabling btusb autosuspend by default

Am 14.11.2017 um 12:33 schrieb Reindl Harald:

Am 14.11.2017 um 12:22 schrieb Gerd Hoffmann:
This is really useful work. I'm already seeing ~20% battery
improvement with Fedora 27 + 4.14.0-0.rc8.git3.1.fc28.x86_64 on an HP
Spectre, and so far no regressions. I get better battery life with
this combination than running Windows 10 with all the HP specific
drivers for this model.

Some tips on how regressions might manifest and what information to
include in a good bug report would be useful. e.g. on an Intel NUC
when I run powertop --auto-tune, and walk away (it's a server so it
might be days) and come back the keyboard won't work. I've never done
any troubleshooting other than just disable the powertop systemd unit,
I'm vaguely suspicious of usb autosuspend and it not waking up when
keys are pressed.

autosuspend has a high chance to be the root cause for this one.  Yes,
its very messy, mostly due to bad hardware

similar is happening on my homemachine with the mouse for years now, i just need to switch to a VT instead the graphical login/desktop and every few seconds the kernel pretends that the device got disconnected and connected again spitting dmesg and the current VT full so that it becomes practically unuseable

forgot to say: this is a ordinary USB mouse and AFAIK no autosuspned enabled because when i enable that the keyboard is gone anyways and you can shutdown with the power button