Re: F23 4.3 rebase plan

>> Does it make sense to consider just going straight to 4.4 then given
>> it'll be out early Jan?
>

> Arguably it's never a good thing to skip entire kernel release since you
> loose potential feedback from that release.
>
> It's better to adapt a ( faster ) re-base model.
>
> So far there has not been any problems that I'm aware of with the rebase
> model in place  with the exception of it's ( intentional ) initial delay
> from upstream release or when the kernel has been split into ( more ) sub
> components but Josh and the rest of the kernel community might be aware of
> other shortcomings moving the entire Fedora GA release to the same kernel at
> the same time when the first 0.1 release has been made and immediately after
> it has been made ( unless ofcourse there are holidays in the horizon which
> is the case here and people unavailable during that time ).

We're talking a one of situation and I'm very aware of all the Fedora
kernel history for years. The scenario I mention above is only
suggested because 1) the timing of both is very close 2) 4.4 is due to
be a LTS kernel and it's likely as a result a lot are ignoring 4.3
altogether 3) a large chunk of QA work to then suddenly have to rebase
again in a short period of time.

It was a query to Josh, nothing more.