Re: spec cleanup.

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 04:31:48PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 03:44:08PM -0400, Neil Horman wrote:
>  > So, what exactly are we talking about here Dave: removing the kexec bits from
>  > the kernel spec file, or the entire user space package?  I vote yes to the former, and
>  > absolutely not to the latter.
>
> Yes, just the kernel spec file.  The userspace bits I couldn't care less about.
> (well, I'd care more if it worked, last time I looked it didn't, though that was
> a year or so back)
>
> 	Dave

Ok, ACK to removing the kernel bits relating to kexec, they're completely
useless right now

As for the user space stuff, it works in some cases, not in others.  Sadly the
cases in which it doesn't work, tend to be very sensitive to the conditions in
which its setup (i.e. a standard network interface scp works, an scp of a core
over a bridge that has a bond as the selected output interface, not so much).
Its also pretty dependent on hardware.  x86_64 usualy can be made to work, while
ppc64 is just completely borked).  Anywho, as mentioned dracut will help with
alot of this, if we can get that config system done.

What will help more than anything else is testing and bug reporting.  Theres way
to much stuff for me to test myself, so if anyone has a need for kdump, please
use it, otherwise its just going to keep hobbling along as best it can.
Neil