Re: F40 Progress with nvidia 470xx

X11 is not dead , please  , is not even deprecated as you well know
 and Wayland is your focus, not mine, I don't use Wayland, I don't care
if wayland is good or bad , is a choice that I made and I even don't
have to give any justification for that .

Thinking that removing X11 will accelerate Wayland development is very
wrong in my point of view .
First, x.org have lack of resources as always had, since when Xfree86
times. Second as X11 is designed, doesn't need much development or
maintenance because is modular.
X11 is one technology with 36 years [1], but it had a major release in
2005, xorg 7.0 , since then we have many improvements outside of xorg-
server like input devices , support for touch screens, xrandr, video
card acceleration, etc, outside of X11-server

That's what I want to focus, Wayland is not mature enough for
production in my point of view and maybe will not be soon , because in
my point of view, we have lack of resources and in opposite X11 is very
stable nowadays, is very rare a screen freeze etc , and is maintained .

KDE-sig should re-enable X11 and re-add X11 code that was removed ,
pointing out we have more people that ask to have X11 that all kde-sig
members and some kde-sig members are unreponsive .

[1]
https://www.x.org/wiki/Releases/History/

A 14 de julho de 2024 13:21:38 WEST, Neal Gompa <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>

--