Re: F40 Progress with nvidia 470xx

On Sun, 14 Jul 2024 12:59:53 +0100, you wrote:

>I have posted earlier about this driver, which is not claimed to support
>wayland.  It seemed to me that the kde support group, in abandoning x11,
>had chosen to create a dev-playground with little commitment to
>user-support.

That is extremely unfair to the volunteers who have created such a
stable and well maintained implementation of KDE on Fedora for us.

I'm like you, I have an older Nvidia card than you that Nvidia won't
update the driver for Wayland, though Noveau driver works fine.

But I accept that the Fedora KDE group really have no choice.  It has
been obvious, both based on observation and comments made, that X11 is
essentially abandoned at this point and that the Linux community needs
to complete the shift over to Wayland.  Because running critical
software that isn't being maintained is really bad.

So at some point I either switch to Noveau or find the money to buy
newer hardware.  But blaming the Fedora KDE group for the march of
time in technology is wrong.